Last updated: January 2015
If you’re new here, welcome!
Do consider subscribing to my RSS feed or for email updates. I’ve got a newsletter called Things I Learned This Week and you can follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Google+. I also write about my Mozilla work on web literacy at literaci.es and share random stuff via Thought Shrapnel.
I’m not a fan of LinkedIn so here’s a brief resumé of my education / job history. My speaking engagements and the conferences I will be/have attended are at Lanyrd (and here as a backup). In 2015 I’m setting up a (part-time) consultancy called Dynamic Skillset.
I write (mainly) about education, technology and productivity. My most popular posts from each year since 2006 can be found below:
- Why I’m ditching Evernote for Simplenote (and Notational Velocity)
- HOWTO: Ditch Gmail for self-hosted webmail
- FirefoxOS v2.0 is possibly the easiest-to-use smartphone operating system I’ve experienced
- My morning routine
- The Web Literacy Standard is dead (long live the Web Literacy Map!)
- What I learned from turning my ‘Out of Office’ auto-replies on for a month
- Why I’m saying goodbye to Dropbox and hello to SpiderOak Hive
- Announcing the Web Literacy Standard (specification)
- A tribute to Chris Allan (@infernaldepart)
- Answering your questions about Open Badges
- Using Raspberry Pi and XBMC to build an ultra-cheap HTPC
- This is why teachers leave teaching
- Platforms as standards? 10 days with the Nokia N9.
- How I use a MacBook Pro (October 2012)
- How to make #openbadges work for you and your organisation
- How I Use a MacBook Pro (May 2011)
- What’s the opposite of ‘digital Taylorism’?
- The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies (#digilit)
- #ukedchat #fail: TES attempts takeover cover-up whilst Pearson muscles-in on grassroots Twitter teacher CPD
- 30 things I’ve learned in 30 years
- 5 characteristics of successful organisations
- 5 genuinely useful Twitter tools
- Google Apps (Education Edition) vs. Microsoft Live@Edu
- 7 things the Bible taught me about productivity
- Things I learned this week – #1
- HOWTO: Add an RSS feed to Google Sites
- Are organizations like brains?
- Daniel Goleman on Leadership and Emotional Intelligence
- HOWTO: Present full-screen using Prezi and an Apple Remote [OSX]
- HOWTO: Tether an iPhone to a netbook running Jolicloud
- Page peel script
- How to upgrade your Nokia N95 to v12.x firmware and make it a whole lot better
- 5 ways to make ‘textbook lessons’ more interesting
- 4 reasons you should jailbreak your iPhone 3G
- What is a VLE?
- Nokia N95 tips, reviews and software all in one place
- Demotivational posters
- Apple iPhone vs Nokia N95
- My favourite LOLcats
- How NOT to upgrade your Xbox
- The purpose of education? It isn’t this…
- Some ideas about the structure of my thesis proposal essay
- Managing Organizational Change – diagram
- Barriers to teachers’ use of ICT
- Ed.D. Thesis Proposal Outline
Thanks for getting this far and it’s great to have you as a new subscriber!