This week I’ve been:
- Trying to explain to people my new role at Mozilla.
- Buying a domain name for my new blog, discours.es.
- Responding to feedback on the Web Literacy Standard that people have given using this form.
- Working at Ignite100’s co-working space and participating in their potlatch.
- Talking to various people running Open Badges-related projects, including Education Scotland.
- Hosting the latest Web Literacy Standard community call. Catch up/listen again here.
- Talking to Nesta about helping with some teacher-focused CPD events in Scotland over the coming months.
- Thinking through whether to demote HTML and CSS from competencies to skills as part of the Web Literacy Standard.
- Helping the Open Badges team plan for MozFest.
- Hosting an Open Badges for CAS event at the Mozilla London office.
- Giving feedback on Snook’s work plan for their Open Badges project.
- Taking Friday off after yet another migraine this week. I’ll be taking this coming Monday off as well.
- Hosting Mozilla Maker Party Newcastle at the Centre for Life.
Next week I’m up in Dundee for eAssessment Scotland on Friday running a session with MyKnowledgeMap on Open Badges. The rest of the week I’ll be meeting with my new Mentor team colleagues and thinking through more things related to the Web Literacy Standard.