The following things didn’t really warrant a blog post in their own right, but I thought they were worth sharing somewhere on this blog.
1. Nesta ‘One Day Digital’ video
I ran a Mozilla Webmaker workshop in Edinburgh on Easter Saturday as part of Nesta’s One Day Digital series of events. The video they produced afterwards is below and I make a brief appearance at around 1:00. Check out that beard!
One Day Digital events from Nesta UK on Vimeo.
2. Connected Learning TV
I’ve appeared on a number of these webinars and the archive is a CPD resource in its own right. This time I was standing in for Howard Rheingold as host. Interesting stuff about Liz Lawley’s attempts to add a ‘gaming layer’ on top of the university curriculum:
3. Open Badges presentations
I presented at SETT, the Swedish equivalent of BETT, last week. My presentation, along with one from PELeCON the week before can be found below. Unfortunately, the animated GIFs are not so animated on Slideshare, so click here if you want to see them in action!
Image CC BY-NC-SA funadium
This week I’ve been:
Next week I’m at the Mozilla London for the day on Tuesday and Glasgow on Thursday for badge design workshop. Then it’s Maker Faire in Newcastle next weekend! Can’t wait.
This week I’ve been:
- Creating two new grids for Mozilla’s Web Literacy standard work with the community. The first one’s here and the second (updated) one is still just on Flickr at the moment.
- Planning my PELeCON keynote presentation. You have no idea how long it takes to collate, choose and organise animated GIFs.
- Hosting the weekly Web Literacy standard community call. You can catch up here.
- Catching up with people like Laura Hilliger, Tim Riches, Lucy Neale and StJohn Smith.
- Editing the Wikipedia article for Open Badges. Only a bit, though. Must revisit.
- Moderating a Connected Learning TV webinar featuring Liz Lawley and her work around a ‘gaming layer’ for students and academics.
- Travelling to Plymouth by train, plane and automobile (literally) for PELeCON.
- Attending, keynoting and running a workshop at PELeCON. The animated GIFs from my keynote aren’t so animated on Slideshare, so you may want to try this Evernote notebook. Photos are here (when they’ve finished uploading)
Next week I’m in Sweden keynoting and running a workshop at the Swedish equivalent of BETT. Better get planning…