Update: Michelle’s now created a diagram from her original post.
Michelle Levesque asked for feedback on this: Mozilla’s Web Literacy Skills (v0.1 alpha). I wanted to respond as soon as possible as I think she’s done some great work here.
I’ve visualised the text in her post and then tweaked it slightly to suggest the direction I’d take it:
Click through for a larger version on Flickr.
- Added ‘participation’ to Exploring
- Changed ‘bullshit’ to ‘crap’ to avoid offending some people’s sensibilities
- Changed ‘Restaurant HTML’ to ‘HTML basics’ in Authoring
- Combined two blocks to form ‘Reacting to stimulii’ in Building
- Removed ‘Receipe’ize tasks’ in Building
- Added ‘Civil liberties’ to Protecting
- Segmented sections into what would form a ‘Basic’ and an ‘Advanced’ badge’
What do you think? What have I (we) missed?
(if you like this you may also be interested in The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies)
Never miss a post!
Subscribe to get my latest updates by email.