After being properly messed about by the Apple Store in Meadowhall, Sheffield and having received an extremely flaky Macbook that I had to take back 5 times, I’ve decided enough is enough. As soon as I get my replacement Macbook I’ll be selling it on eBay.
So what do I miss out on?
- Some battery life (never mind – I’m usually near a plug socket)
- Apple remote (I seldom use it)
- Firewire port (have yet to have occasion to use this type of connection)
- Bluetooth (a luxury rather than a necessity)
- Webcam (a shame, but at least there’s a microphone for Skype!)
- Gigabit ethernet (I’m only running 100Mbps at home anyway)
Whereas I gain…
- A card reader
- More graphics memory
- Expandability in terms of total RAM
- An extra USB 2.0 port
- S-video port
- Extra screen real estate (14.1″ vs 13.3″)
So on the whole I’m satisfied I’ve got a good deal!
Update: In the end I sold the Acer and kept the Macbook. I’m glad I did…