Back to the bullet points because The Boy™ split his football boots in an 11-0 victory today, meaning that we’ve been visiting various sports shops this afternoon to find new ones. (Given that they lost 0-10 last week, they currently have a goal difference of +1 which is… good, I guess?)
This week I’ve been:
- Enjoying a shorter working week due to the end of summer Bank Holiday. We went to Tynemouth and had fish and chips.
- Signing the lease for a Polestar 2 which should arrive in October.
- Looking around houses to either rent or buy, as we’re planning to still sell ours. Some people have very unrealistic valuations/expectations.
- Meeting with Bryan Mathers for some more work on Open Recognition for the ORE community. I also ego-listened to him being interviewed on the Metaphors of EdTech podcast to see if he mentioned me (he did!)
- Catching up with former Mozilla colleague Robert Friedman, who is CEO of Permanent.org. He’s a great guy and I enjoyed our conversation.
- Recording an episode with the inestimable Laura Hilliger for Season 7 of our Tao of WAO podcast. We also met again with Ian O’Byrne to firm-up planning for Season 8, episodes of which will be embedded in our response to the Winter 2023 edition of The Journal of Media Literacy.
- Publishing a post entitled Don’t skip the best tracks and two newsletters: WAO Weekly 1: The One with the Curious Advantage and Thought Shrapnel #438
- Working on an RfP for Bonfire and an ITT for WAO after a couple of meetings.
It’s all go next week, as it’s back to school, start of the season for football and basketball, as well as our 20th wedding anniversary. I’ll try and squeeze some work in as well, although I’m going to need to continue to do some business development as right now I don’t have enough to occupy my time. But then I suppose it’s always like that at this time of year…