We’re back! After a wonderful two-week family inter-railing adventure around Europe taking in Barcelona, Lyon, Zurich, Ljubljana, Salzburg, and Stuttgart, we arrived back home just before midnight on Tuesday.
Our favourite place? Slovenia (Ljubljana and Lake Bled). Lyon was a close second, and Barcelona third. Salzburg was good, but we’ll not be hurrying back to Zurich or Stuttgart.
- Catching up with email, etc.
- Performing a sprint retrospective and reviewing Mayel’s work around specifying the initial data models.
- Screening applicants for the MoodleNet backend developer (Elixir) position. From 70+ applications we’re planning to have informal conversations with nine, and have talked to two candidates so far.
- Setting up a server to get started with forking the Pleroma code base.
- Participating in the internal branding sprint.
- Meeting with Garnet Berry about presenting at the ALT conference next month.
- Moving away from Trello in favour of GitLab issues, Changemap, and Teamwork.com, as documented in this blog post.
- Talking with Mary Cooch about taking over the @moodlenet Twitter account and sunsetting the existing moodle.net site while sunrising the new one. Much more on that to come.
Next week I’m working Monday to Wednesday on MoodleNet, then a half day on Thursday before joining my family in Devon for a long weekend at the in-laws.