This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Thought Shrapnel, my weekly newsletter loosely structured around education, technology, and productivity. Issue #271 was entitled ‘Noteworthy’. We’re now well over 1,500 subscribers, and 45 of those are members of the Thought Shrapnel Live! channel on Telegram. Super special people have become a valued supporters.
- At home, although I only worked 4.5 days this week. Four of those were with Totara Learning, who I’m helping with their community strategy.
- Catching up with Cat Boyd from PCS, Cliff Manning from the Office of the Children’s Comissioner, Wayne Skipper from Concentric Sky, the good people at Freeformers, and others for various reasons wouldn’t appreciate me mentioning them here.
- Continuing to read The Organized Mind: thinking straight in the age of information overload by Daniel Levitin. I’m taking my time as it’s great.
- Co-facilitating another Badge Wiki barn raising. I wrote up what we got up to here.
- Playing a lot of FIFA 17 on my PS4.
- Putting together details of my Open Badges workshop for the organisers of the ALL DIGITAL SUMMIT being held in October in Barcelona. I’m also presenting at the summit.
- Fixing my 20 year-old bike (still in good nick) at my parents’ house ready for a family outing tomorrow.
- Adding structure to the barn… (We Are Open blog, 25th August 2017)
- 3 reasons distributed teams are the future of work (LinkedIn, 22nd August 2017)
Next week I’m at home all week, as we’ve turned the planned in-person We Are Open Co-op meetup into another virtual session to be held on Friday. It’s August Bank Holiday on Monday so I’m trying my best not to work that day, and I’ll be doing my three days for Totara on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I’ve got other client work to get done in the evenings so busy Doug is busy…
I make my living helping people and organisations become more productive in their use of technology. If you’ve got something that you think I might be able to help with, please do get in touch! Email: email@example.com