It’s been quite the last few days. This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Thought Shrapnel, my weekly newsletter loosely structured around education, technology, and productivity. Issue #255 was entitled ‘Just show me the good stuff’.
- Flying to Toronto, via London Heathrow. I’m away for just over 10 days in total.
- Mourning the death of my grandmother, who passed away a few hours after I landed in Canada. The funeral is arranged for the week after my return home.
- Recording and releasing the first episode of the Today In Digital Education (TIDE) podcast with Dai for over a month. We called Episode 80 ‘Catching up’, because we had plenty of it to do!
- Continuing to mess about with Mastodon, as I’m using it instead of Twitter next month.
- Hanging out with Laura Hilliger in Toronto, eating poutine, and having some of the best ice cream of my life. We also visited the Toronto aquarium, which is where I took the jellyfish picture.
- Working with the Ontario Math Leadership Network over two days to help them work more openly. It was a pleasure to see them change their thinking over the time we spent together!
- Sending out Badge News #009, a regular newsletter for those interested in keeping up-to-date with the world of Open Badges.
- Running a session on forging links between co-ops and the commons a the Creative Commons Summit. It’s great to meet up with old friends and make new ones. I’ll be at the summit until Sunday.
Next week I’m flying to Calgary to work with the Rocky Mountain School District around digital literacies. I’m then travelling back across the Atlantic so that I arrive home on Thursday morning. I am doing nothing else for the rest of the week as I will be tired (and jetlagged as a badger).
I make my living helping people and organisations become more productive in their use of technology. If you’ve got something that you think I might be able to help with, please do get in touch! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org