This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Issue #314 of my Thought Shrapnel newsletter. This one was called ‘Final Holiday Countdown 🏁 ⏲️ 🏖️ ’. Thanks to those who back me via Patreon plus those who continue their support via Gumroad!
- Playing You’ve Got Crabs! as a family for the first time, which was hilarious. It’s by the same people as Exploding Kittens.
- Recording, editing and releasing Episode 106 of the Today In Digital Education (TIDE) podcast with my co-host Dai Barnes. We entitled this episode ‘Keeping track of all the things’ and discussed MoodleNet milestones, Seth Godin’s approach to learning, assassination markets on the blockchain, keeping track of articles you want to read, and more!
- Working on the MoodleNet project:
- Finishing off UX Milestone 2 with Outlandish, which proved interesting after Matt, their Head of UX, went off on paternity leave. This was expected, however, and Rob another UX guy, stepped in seamlessly.
- Responding to community feedback on the screencasts, and collating it on our Changemap.
- Starting to put together a job landscape for a back-end developer.
- Meeting briefly with Steve Watt to discuss MoodleNet sustainability.
- Testing out the new Jira interface. It’s fine, but we’ve decided to go with GitLab issues as it’s less confusing for our purposes.
- Meeting with Michael Shaw, Director of Tes Resources about potential ways we can integrate.
- Submitting our MozFest proposal.
- Curating interesting things I came across on the Thought Shrapnel blog during the last few days of July. I’m taking a holiday during August, so only a few links to share:
Next week, I’m wrapping things up on Monday, and then heading off on holiday from Tuesday for two weeks. We’re interrailing and taking in Barcelona, Lyon, Zurich, Ljubljana, Salzburg, Munich, and Stuttgart!