Many readers of this blog have the good taste to also be subscribers to my newsletter, Things We Learned This Week (TWLTW). A few of that elite group have complained that TWLTW hasn’t been turning up in their inboxes on Sunday as they’ve come to expect.
I don’t like to disappoint, but couldn’t fathom why, all of a sudden, my newsletter wasn’t getting through to some people. Thankfully, I think I’ve found the problem: GMail.
As Ryan Holiday points out, here’s what to do if a newsletter isn’t getting through to your ‘Primary’ tab:
- Find an issue of TWLTW. You may need to check your ‘Promotions’ tab or the Spam folder.
- Drag that email over into your ‘Primary’ tab.
- Click ‘yes’ when GMail asks if you’d like to make this change permanent.
This should work for 90% of people.
Belt and braces approach
- Enter ‘Settings’ within GMail
- Choose ‘Filter’ tab
- Click ‘Create a new filter’ and enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click ‘Create filter with this term’ and then select ‘Never send it to Spam’
- Click ‘Create filter’
Still not working? I suggest switching email provider. 😉
Main image CC BY-ND Dennis Skley