Here’s what I’ve been up to this week:
- Finishing a short article on Zen and the Art of Digital Literacies for the inaugural issue of the ILTA journal.
- Preparing the invitation text for an upcoming webinar asking for those interested in collaborating around a new Web Literacy standard.
- Packing for California. Then travelling to Los Angeles via Paris.
- Meeting my colleagues at UC Irvine and talking to them about badges (as well as life, the world, and everything!)
- Participating in a ‘Future of Badges’ conversation at UC Irvine with extremely smart people like Cathy Davidson, David Theo Goldberg and John Seely Brown.
- Lurking in the two-day workshop for winners of the DML competition last year. There’s some great projects producing some awesome stuff (Credly, for instance).
- Sleeping whenever I get the chance.
- Editing the Learner Bill of Rights doc.
- Playing Draw Something with my now six year-old son across timezones. Also, Super Hexagon whenever I get a spare minute! 😀
- Learning about the awesome work that’s going on around badges by interested parties – like Credly, for instance.
- Arranging when I’m leading a session on digital literacies for #etmooc (18 February – and Twitter chat on 20th February)
Next week I’ll be back home and marking bids for the Nesta/Nominet Trust/Mozilla Digital Makers fund. I also want to plan out (if not start) changes and updates to the P2PU/Mozilla School of Webcraft. The work around this will probably happen post-DML Conference (March).
Never miss a post!
Subscribe to get my latest updates by email.