This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Issue #331 of my Thought Shrapnel newsletter. It was entitled, ‘YLet it snow, let it snow, let it snow’ and was, as ever, made possible via those who support me on Patreon.
- Taking Wednesday as my consultancy day, and talking to a bunch of people via my new surgery slots. It was great to help people with things like expanding their Open Badges programme, getting started as a consultant, and the process of getting a PhD!
- Working on the MoodleNet project:
- Reflecting on some useful survey feedback from testers, mostly positive!
- Triaging lots of suggestions coming in from testers through Changemap.
- Working on lots of new functionality, UI improvements, and bug fixes, some of which are listed here.
- Figuring out a way of using Moodle Tracker (Jira) with GitLab. It’s still a work in progress, but our approach is explained here and you can see an overview of MoodleNet Epics at https://bit.ly/MN-epics
- Discussing different approaches to caching in MoodleNet.
- Improving metadata import.
- Playing with Bryan Mathers’ Remixer tools (and backing it on Patreon). I used Pixel-8 to create the image at the top of this post with a screenshot of the blog as the source!
Putting together things for Thought Shrapnel:
Next week, I’m at home working on MoodleNet Mon/Tues and Thurs/Fri. So, just like this week, I’ll be available if you want to talk something through for half an hour. Book a slot here!