This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Issue #317 of my Thought Shrapnel newsletter. This one was called ‘The Path to better social networks ’. Thanks to those who make Thought Shrapnel possible via their support on Patreon.
- Working on the MoodleNet project (Mon-Weds):
- Onboarding Alex Castaño, our new backend developer.
- Meeting with Outlandish to figure out the next stage of working together on front-end development.
- Updating the roadmap.
- Figuring out my travel and accommodation for MozFest and the US MoodleMoot.
- Setting up the MoodleNet blog so that technical posts have their own category and are kept off the main page.
- Writing up last week’s front-end development workshop.
- Recording, editing and releasing Episode 109 of the Today In Digital Education (TIDE) podcast with my co-host Dai Barnes. We entitled this episode ‘Surveillance and social conformity’ and discussed conformity, social media, Personal Learning Networks, Edward Snowden, surveillance, Big Tech, digital assistants, teaching History, and more!
- Finishing one fiction book and starting a new work of non-fiction I’ve been looking forward to reading:
- Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis
- New Dark Age: Technology, Knowledge and the End of the Future by James Bridle
- Curating interesting things I came across on the Thought Shrapnel blog:
- Spending Thursday and Friday in the Lake District up mountains to get the experience necessary to get on a Mountain Leader course. Six more days to go!
Next week, I’m working four days for Moodle (Mon-Thurs). It’s our monthly co-op day on Friday!