This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Issue #199 of Doug Belshaw’s Thought Shrapnel, my weekly newsletter loosely focused on education, technology, and productivity. This time around, it included links about participatory methodologies, iOS in education, and pull-to-refresh.
- Recording and releasing Episode 35 (‘Participatory BETT’) of the Today In Digital Education podcast, my weekly podcast with co-host Dai Barnes. In this week’s episode we discussed the 4 C’s of learning, Open Badges, participatory methodologies, gamified learning, removing certain apps from your smartphone, and more!
- Down in London for three days. I was working out of the City & Guilds office on Tuesday, then represented them at BETT on Wednesday. This included a presentation with Bryan Mathers and chairing a panel session. On Thursday I was representing myself (i.e. Dynamic Skillset) so I caught up with lots of people and did a short presentation on Open Badges.
- Some of the people I managed to catch up with included: Marc Scott, Mikko Kontto, Pauline Maas, Dai Barnes, Leon Cych, Addy Pope, Mark Riches, Matt Rogers, Su Adams, Alan O’Donohoe, Eylan Ezekiel, Oliver Quinlan, Audrey Watters, Michael Shaw, and Will Richardson (who’s the reason I started blogging 10+ years ago)
- Suffering from a cold. I powered through the second day of BETT thanks to a combination of ibuprofen, paracetamol, Lucozade, and Lockets!
- Meeting up with Dave White in a London pub. We had a bit of a ramble chat about life, the world, and everything.
- Celebrating my son’s ninth birthday. It’s true: they grow up quickly! This year the presents were, of course, all about Star Wars.
Next week I’ll be down in London for a couple of days, and hopefully be back to my usual fighting-fit self!