This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Issue #180 of my Things We Learned This Week newsletter. Thanks to Think Associates for sponsoring June’s missives!
- Trying (and failing) to repair the screen of my Sony Xperia Z Ultra. I’m selling the parts on eBay and using a very old iPhone 4 until I decide what I want next. I’m using my iPad Mini 2 (cellular) most of the time.
- Writing another article for FE Week, this time about social media. Bryan Mathers illustrated it and, apparently, it’s all being turned into a double-page spread for an upcoming issue.
- Releasing Episode 16 of the This Week in Digital Education (TIDE) podcast, which I record with Dai Barnes.
- Spending three days in London, Wednesday-Friday. I stayed at the London City Suites by Montcalm, which has small but perfectly-formed rooms near the swimming pool I go to – and, of course, City & Guilds. It was around 35°C on Wednesday so I hid out in my hotel room after work so as not to melt…
- Starting work on a short Open Badges 101 course/guide. Bryan Mathers and I will share it with the community towards the end of the month for input/feedback.
- Talking with Neil Jones about work he’s involved in that’s potentially badgeable.
- Writing an endorsement for Steve Bunce‘s upcoming Primary Computing book, as well as some LinkedIn recommendations for people I used to work with.
- Exploring Open edX for the above. It worked well, but we’ll be going with P2PUs Course in a Box instead, I think.
- Meeting up with James Richards from Chromatrope about various projects, including badges.
- Getting people started using Trello to chart product development around Open Badges at City & Guilds.
- Learning from Garry Avery, Director of Tarigo product management training. He helped with the development of some of Apple’s products.
Next week I’ll be in London as usual on Tuesday/Wednesday and working from home the rest of the week.
Image CC BY-NC Kacper Gunia