This week I’ve been:
- Co-chairing the kick-off meeting for the Badge Alliance working group on Digital / Web Literacies. You can find the recording here.
- Figuring out Web Literacy ‘Maker’ badges with the help of Matt Thompson, Michelle Thorne and Laura Hilliger. This has taken longer than you’d think, but I’m pleased with what we’ve agreed upon. More on this soon.
- Helping out Laura Hilliger and Amira Dhalla with partnership training for Maker Party.
- Celebrating the launch of the wonderful Mozilla Discover project with this blog post.
- Planning for the launch of my e-book The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies on June 27th.
- Replying to comments on my latest DMLcentral post entitled Reclaiming the Web for the Next Generation.
- Moderating this week’s #TeachTheWeb community call. You can catch up here.
- Thinking through how different parts of the Webmaker ecosystem fit together with regards to pathways.
- Choosing an updated version (from Cassie McDaniel‘s options) of the Web Literacy Map’s competency grid. Sweet.
- Moving my personal email away from GMail to a self-hosted solution. I’ll blog about it soon.
- Approached for a couple of bits of consultancy work, which I’ll probably take on as they’re interesting.
- Invited to speak at the Indie Tech Summit – which I was planning to attend anyway!
Next week I’m at home again all week. I’m getting into quite a routine…