This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Issue #208 of Doug Belshaw’s Thought Shrapnel, my weekly newsletter loosely focused on education, technology, and productivity. This week it included links about outdoor play, toolboxes, and hiring the best people.
- Recording and releasing Episode 44 (‘Wellbeing Badges’) of the Today In Digital Education podcast, my weekly podcast with co-host Dai Barnes. This week we discussed Studio schools, intentional and unintentional racism, ‘deep work’, Open Source software, control of the internet, and more! You can discuss TIDE in our Slack channel.
- Writing the March 2016 issue of my Dynamic Skillset newsletter. It included what I considered to be my best posts of the month, as well as the links I enjoyed reading the most.
- Working two days in London for City & Guilds. It was only a four-day week due to the Easter weekend and, due to the school holidays and the need to help my parents clear out my grandmother’s flat, I worked a lot less than usual.
- Visiting City Hall to discuss the London digital talent pipeline with Bryan Mathers. I took the photo of Tower Bridge that accompanies this post as I arrived.
- Running a workshop using some of the activities from the Hyper Island toolbox.
- Discussing with John Bevan how we’re going to approach next week’s full-day session (a kind of thinkathon) with the Digital Leaders network.
- Playing with my kids. I particularly enjoyed the opportunity to take them swimming and fly my drone with them! They now want me invest in a DJI Phantom 4…
Next week it’s still school holidays so I’m working three full days plus a few virtual meetings. I’ll be working from home on Tuesday and then in London on Wednesday and Thursday.