I’ve written quite a lot this week, and combined with having to make decisions about our next house purchase, my brain doesn’t feel like directing my fingers to type many words into this box.
Below is a list of what I’ve published in different places since my last weeknote. I’m not usually going to link to my Thought Shrapnel posts here, so you might want to subscribe to my now (fingers crossed!) weekly newsletter.
- The punishment for being authentic is becoming someone else’s content
- Job crafting, identity, and fulfilment
- AI writing detectors don’t work
- Microcast #096 — Getting back in the saddle
- TikTok’s algorithm and its effect on migration
- Walking 1,000 miles across Europe
- Cooling down is hotting up
- Indigenous knowledge, sustainable design, and long-term thinking
- Some advice for readers
- Generative AI, misinformation, and content authenticity
- On the need to measure productivity
- The declining relevance of Google search
- An end to rabbit hole radicalization?
- Crypto is the biggest ponzi scheme of all time
- B Lane
- Money does not solve disasters like this
- The Atlantis of the North Sea
- Reconstructing Tenochtitlan
Next week I’m going to do all of the business development in the entire world so that we can buy a much bigger house on a hill. Also, more sleep would be nice 😴
Photo taken during a morning run along the old train track next to the golf course in Morpeth