By way of background, I’m a Google Certified Teacher and was a Lead Learner at the first Google Teacher Academy UK in 2010. I use and like Google’s products and they’re often a great fit for what schools want to do beyond a VLE. And finally, I’m doing this for love, not money. It’s kind of tangential to my role with Mozilla.
Mark Wagner got in touch with me recently asking for some help in setting up a Google Apps for Education UK summit in (11-12?) May 2013.
I, in turn, am asking for your help. 🙂
What they’re looking for:
- A large space (theatre or auditorium) for 300 or more people.
- Two large rooms for 50 or more people (optional).
- Ten or more small rooms (classrooms) for 25-30 people.
- A high-bandwidth internet connection (at least 100 Mbps) and wifi for up to 500 or more devices on simultaneously.
- A beautiful facility and/or campus.
- Easy access to catering, hotels, public transportation, and airports.
- A region rich in tourist attractions.
So that sounds to me a whole lot like a sizeable educational institution in a large city.
Answers on a postcard, to me via ‘Email me’ at dougbelshaw.com, or in the comments below please!