This series, published on the first Monday each month, is aimed at personal improvement through the public sharing of goals and targets. In this post I look back at whether I achieved the last month’s goals and come up with some targets for the coming month.
There’s three core things I’m doing terribly with at the moment:
- Biting my nails – well I have done it for about 25 years…
- Losing weight – being away from home so much makes it difficult
- Writing my thesis – I’ve had so many other priorities on this month (although I have chapterized it now!)
My targets for last month were:
- Go camping with my 3 year-old son, Ben, in our smaller tent.
- Compose an e-book on Google Earth in preparation for Google Teacher Academy.
- Comment on at least one blog per day (other than this one!)
- Play golf with my Dad (who’s back from the UAE for the summer as of Friday)
- Sort out benbelshaw.com, the domain I bought for my son, with some useful content.
How did I do?
- Done! It rained more than I thought possible in one night, but we went (Beadnell Bay) and we enjoyed ourselves.
- I decided against an e-book, but created a Google Earth for #GTAUK wiki and wrote an e-book called #onfire: ignite your productivity. I’m happy with that!
- I’m certainly commenting on more blogs than I was. Perhaps not one per day, but the idea was to kickstart the habit again.
- I played golf with my Dad and my father-in-law yesterday (technically the 1st of August…)
- I’ve only added one thing to Ben’s website as it hasn’t been a high enough priority in the scheme of things!
July was a busy month work-wise for me. I had several conferences to attend and a number of presentations to make. August, on the other hand, looks like it’s going to be a quiet month. Therefore I’m going to set myself one main target:
- Write 10,000 words of my Ed.D. thesis
If I don’t there’s no way I’m going to get it finished for my self-imposed deadline of 21 December 2010!