This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Issue #332 of my Thought Shrapnel newsletter. It was entitled, ‘On social media’ and was, as ever, made possible via those who support me on Patreon.
- Taking Wednesday again as my consultancy day, and talking to a three people via my new surgery slots. Two of the conversations were about Open Badges and the other one was about digital equity. I’m only available in the morning next Wednesday, so book your slot now!
- Working on the MoodleNet project:
- Pushing out an update which has received lots of thumbs-up from testers!
- Sending out another MoodleNet survey, which led to some very interesting answers to the question of “how would you describe MoodleNet to a friend or colleague?”
- Continuing to triage all the suggestions coming in from testers through Changemap
- Getting to grips with Moodle Tracker for defining MoodleNet epics and releases. We’ve also been kicking out random people adding comments…
- Sorting out pagination on the frontend as well as the backend.
- Connecting to a live Q&A about MoodleNet as part of the national conference of the Swiss e-Learning Community of Higher Education Institutions.
- Continuing to figure out MoodleNet security bounties.
- Discussing approaches to MoodleNet’s integration with Moodle Core (thanks Sander!)
- Preparing next week’s final survey for the first round of testers, and getting things ready for the 143 testers involved in the second round of testing.
- Enjoying the experience of reading the introduction and first chapter of Cal Newport’s Digital Minimalism as part of our new Slack-based book club. There’s still time to join if you’re interested!
- Writing about the demise of Digitalme and following that up by listing 10 platforms for issuing Open Badges.
Putting together things for Thought Shrapnel:
Next week, I’m going away for a couple of days with my family and taking Monday and Tuesday off work. Then on Wednesday, I’m doing half a day consultancy and half a day for Moodle. Thursday and Friday I’ll be spending in Barcelona for quick trip to the Moodle Spain office!
Photo taken by me at Druridge Bay on Wednesday.