I’m delighted to announce that the latest iteration of my e-book The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies is now available. This takes us to v0.99! The text is 99% complete, with only a small appendix to write. I also need to work on some design elements.
Those who invested in previous versions have already received their free update, according to the OpenBeta process I devised (or at least they should have done – ping me if not!)
You can invest in v0.99 and then get the update to v1.0 by clicking below:
v1.0 is coming on June 27th!
What’s included in this version?
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: What’s the problem?
- Chapter 3: Everything is ambiguous
- Chapter 4: Why existing models of digital literacy don’t work
- Chapter 5: The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies
- Chapter 6: Curiosity created the LOLcat
- Chapter 7: Remix: the heart of digital literacies
- Chapter 8: Coding and the web
- Chapter 9: Conclusion
- Appendix: What to do next
Got questions? I might have answered them in this post announcing the e-book! Please note: I’m exploring payment options other than Paypal for v1.0.
Book cover background CC BY pranav