Busy? Feel like there's not enough hours in the day to get everything done? Let me help.
"Doug's deep expertise in digital technologies for learning, productivity, change and teamwork together with his ability to coach and challenge, has really helped us develop as an education organisation. I would wholeheartedly recommend Doug as a consultant, trainer, coach and all round wise and inspiring critical friend."
— Sarah Horrocks (Director, London CLC)Whether it's a one-off piece of work such as a presentation or workshop, a short-term engagement around a defined piece of work, or a longer-term contract, I'm available to help your organisation.
I carry out the majority of my work through We Are Open Co-op, an organisation I set up with friends and former colleagues four years ago, but also take on clients on a personal basis from time to time.
Here's a small selection of the things I've helped organisations with in the last decade:
- Reinvented a stagnant service, pivoting it into a world's-first product by writing a white paper, hiring a team, performing in-depth user testing, and working in an agile environment.
- Built a global community to work on a 'standard' for educational organisations to align with.
- Led work around digital credentials in Europe for a global non-profit, presenting at 50 events over the course of a year to influential organisations and bodies.
- Advised an incumbent awarding body as they acquired a company to reimagine their digital provision.
- Created a quality framework, benchmarking survey, and toolkit for a government department to help social mobility organisations through the COVID-19 pandemic.
I've worked with organisations you may have heard of such as Mozilla, Greenpeace, and Moodle, as well as some you probably haven't.
"As I have transitioned to working remotely myself and then managing others who are remote, Doug's insights on open working and leadership have been influential. He leads others beyond his own work with his writing and influence, and is a generous and a thoroughly nice person."
— Oliver Quinlan (Head of Impact and Research, Raspberry Pi Foundation)
Let's have a chat over a cup of coffee / your favourite beverage to see if I'd be a good fit. If you're not sure, get in touch anyway as I'm always on the lookout to work with awesome people who are doing things to make the world a better place!
While you're waiting for me to reply (I won't be long!) you might want to read the following articles I've written recently which might help organisations like yours: