This week I’ve been:
- Preparing for the session I’m running with Kate Stokes (Nesta) at SXSWedu.
- Calculating my expenses.
- Explaining to quite a few people that Mozilla doesn’t usually ‘partner’ with other organisations on bids (but that I’m happy to be listed as an advisor).
- Playing lots of games as part of the nomination committee for Mozilla’s Game On competition.
- Writing a book chapter overview for Dave White about the philosophical implications of simultaneously inhabiting physical and virtual worlds.
- Adding descriptions to the articles, blog posts and books in the Web Literacy standard ‘library’.
- Collaborating with my colleagues Carla Casilli and Erin Knight on a vision document for the Web Literacy standard work.
- Discovering Firefox tab groups, courtesy of Laura Hilliger.
- Meeting with builders to discuss my shoffice.
- Responding to conference organisers asking for titles for presentation, preferences for food, accommodation, etc.
- Updating my Lanyrd profile and adding conferences I’m attending over the next few months.
- Sorting out my corporation tax for the now-defunct Synechism Ltd.
- Leading a webinar on Open Badges for the Centre for Recording Achievement. Slides here.
- Hosting the inaugural Mozilla Web Literacy standard community call.
- Speaking to people thinking of using Open Badges for various projects.
Next week I’ll be in Austin, Texas for SXSW 2013. I’m flying out on Sunday and arrive back on Friday. So next week’s update is likely to be a bit shorter…