This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Issue #325 of my Thought Shrapnel newsletter. It was entitled ‘Green screen LOLs’ and was, as ever, made possible via those who support me on Patreon.
- Setting up and configuring a Mastodon instance for Thought Shrapnel supporters. Thanks to those who helped me test it!
- Working on the MoodleNet project (Mon-Fri):
- Travelling to and from Barcelona for a team work week. It was the first time Mayel and Alex had met in person, and it was great to have Kayleigh and Sam from Outlandish with us on the Thursday and Friday.
- Presenting to the Board (and the rest of the management team) MoodleNet’s quarterly review report.
- Overseeing the hooking-up of the backend and frontend development. It’s going well.
- Prototyping and reconfiguring some of the user experience for MoodleNet. It was great to be able to connect with Matt from Outlandish, who was back in London, for some of this.
- Eating a lot of vegetarian and vegan food, which was great.
- Catching up with Nate Otto and Sara Arjona Téllez about Open Badges and/in Moodle.
- Reflecting on feedback from user testing around the MoodleNet sign-up process.
- Putting out our ‘Contributor Covenant‘ for feedback from the community.
- Recording a microcast, available only to Patreon supporters:
- Using a new avatar (see the ‘Start here‘ page).
- Starting to run again after resting my knee last week. I went three times in Barcelona, including down to the marina where I took the (unfiltered) photo that accompanies this weeknote.
Next week I’m at home all week. I’m looking forward to having a rest from blogging, social media and writing Thought Shrapnel. I’m tired.