This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Issue #316 of my Thought Shrapnel newsletter. This one was called ‘Is that better? 🙄 🙄 🙄 ’. Apparently, after everyone hated the previous week’s redesign, it was. Thanks to those who back me via Patreon plus those who continue their support via Gumroad!
- Trying to find a new social network for our family to use, after Path announced that it’s shutting down next month. We’re currently experimenting with Vero.
- Working on the MoodleNet project (Mon-Fri):
- Finalising the contract with our favoured candidate for the MoodleNet backend developer (Elixir) position. He starts on Monday.
- Preparing for, and travelling to London.
- Participating in a front-end development workshop with Mayel de Borniol (Technical Architect) and Kayleigh, Sam, and Rob from Outlandish. We made lots of useful decisions that you can find out about here.
- Reading a couple of excellent books:
- Running a couple of times, including hill sprints up the steps at the Emirates stadium, home of Arsenal football club.
- Going out for a great curry at Tayyabs in Whitechapel with Mayel, Oliver Quinlan, and Bryan Mathers.
- Curating interesting things I came across on the Thought Shrapnel blog:
Next week, I’m working three days for Moodle (Mon-Weds) and onboarding a new member to the MoodleNet team. I’m then planning to head up a mountain.