This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Thought Shrapnel, my weekly newsletter loosely structured around education, technology, and productivity. Issue #277 was entitled ‘GIF it up’. I send all of the links that end up in the newsletter (and more!) to the Thought Shrapnel Live! channel on Telegram. You can support this work by becoming a valued supporter.
- Tweaking the website prototype I’ve put together for 6th Morpeth Scouts during a meeting with leaders. GitHub really does make it easy to change things on the fly, and capture issues for further development. I also helped the Scouts last weekend with the walking/navigating part of their expedition camp.
- Travelling to Barcelona to present and run a workshop at the ALL DIGITAL Summit. I spoke on decentralised technologies, digital literacies, and Open Badges. An audio recording of my presentation along with my slides can be found here. The workshop was packed-out and there was lots of enthusiasm about using badges to develop digital competencies across Europe!
- Meeting with Richard Allaway about my visit next week to help the International School of Geneva with their digital strategy.
- Putting together a proposal for Jeroen de Boer to help Bibliotheekservice Fryslân in the Netherlands with their initiatives around digital literacies.
- Catching up with Sarah Horrocks about the technology-enhanced teacher professional development report we’re researching and writnig for the Education Development Trust.
- Picking up my Dad from Barcelona airport, as he’s joining me here for the weekend.
- Currencies and ‘current-sees’ (Discours.es, 6th October 2017)
- Decentralised technologies mean censorship-resistant websites (Open Educational Thinkering, 5th October 2017)
- Future Infrastructure, Future Skills, Future Mindsets (ALL DIGITAL Summit, October 2017) (Literaci.es, 3rd October 2017)
I make my living helping people and organisations become more productive in their use of technology. If you’ve got something that you think I might be able to help with, please do get in touch! Email: email@example.com
Photo of me presenting at the ALL DIGITAL Summit taken by Ana Vitorica