This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Thought Shrapnel, my weekly newsletter loosely structured around education, technology, and productivity. Issue #268 was entitled ‘B.right.on’. Don’t forget you can sign up to Thought Shrapnel Live! using Telegram to receive links as I come across them. You can also become a valued supporter.
- Continuing development of a scheme of work, session plans, and resources on behalf of Freeformers for a large tech company.
- Working with Sarah Horrocks from London CLC on a report on technology-enhanced teacher professional development we’re writing for the Education Development Trust.
- Co-facilitating the first Badge Wiki barn raising with Laura Hilliger. It was a huge success and you can read all about it in Laura’s post on the We Are Open Co-op blog.
- Discussing potential work around Open Badges with a couple of domestic and international clients. More on that soon, I hope.
- Starting to get going properly with my work for Totara as community advisor. I’ve been working on things around internal and external communications, as well as a plan for the three month inital engagement I have with them.
- Running. Almost every day, which is odd as I used to get migraines within 24 hours of going for a run. My body is strange, but I’m not complaing!
- How thinking of myself as a ‘Human API’ helped me get over my ego (Discours.es, 28th July 2017)
- My blog was without an ‘LMS isn’t dead’ post, so I thought I’d write one. (Open Educational Thinkering, 27th July 2017)
- Join us tomorrow for the first Badge Wiki barn raising session! (Open Educational Thinkering, 25th July 2017)
Next week, I’m trying to finish all the things before we travel down to Devon for a week’s holiday. There’s plenty of stuff to get done — so much, in fact, that I’ll be working this weekend as well. Again, I’m not complaining, but I wouldn’t have predicted that this would be my busiest few weeks of the year!
I make my living helping people and organisations become more productive in their use of technology. If you’ve got something that you think I might be able to help with, please do get in touch! Email: email@example.com