This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Thought Shrapnel, my weekly newsletter loosely structured around education, technology, and productivity. Issue #264 was entitled ‘Lend a hand’. Don’t forget you can sign up to Thought Shrapnel Live! using Telegram to receive links as I come across them. You can also become a valued supporter.
- Catching up with Richard Wyles and Lars Hyland from Totara, Erica Neve from Freeformers, Kerri Lemoie from OpenWorks Group, Gavin Henrick and Martin Dougiamas from Moodle, Bryan Mathers from Visual Thinkery, and Sarah Horrocks from London CLC.
- Providing input to the SQA‘s Expert Assessment Group. I was talking about, unsurprisingly, Open Badges. You can see my slides and a recording of my short ‘elevator pitch’ here.
- Researching more international teacher CPD stuff for the Education Development Trust.
- Developing Badge Wiki, on behalf of We Are Open Co-op, supported by Participate. It will be a new knowledge base for Open Badges. We’re going to be having a ‘barn raising’ on July 26th.
- Badge Wiki barn raising: save the date! (We Are Open Co-op blog, 30th June 2017)
- Elevator pitch on Open Badges for SQA Expert Assessment Group (Open Educational Thinkering, 28th June 2017)
- 10 top email productivity tips (Open Educational Thinkering, 26th June 2017)
Next week I’ll be in Dublin to take part in a debate on digital literacy at the World Conference for Computers in Education. I’ll then be working from home for the rest of the week.
I make my living helping people and organisations become more productive in their use of technology. If you’ve got something that you think I might be able to help with, please do get in touch! Email: email@example.com