This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Thought Shrapnel, my weekly newsletter loosely structured around education, technology, and productivity. Issue #252 was entitled ‘Mountain Goat’.
- Postponing my next Quality Mountain Days until next weekend. This was for several reasons, mainly family-related.
- Working with my co-founders during our monthly co-op day. Laura wrote up, with great images from Bryan, here.
- Purchasing a domain name for an upcoming project that got the go-ahead this week. More details soon.
- Curating and creating Issue #007 of Badge News, the new bi-weekly newsletter from We Are Open Co-op for those interested in keeping up-to-date with what’s happening in the world of Open Badges.
- Catching up with Rosie Clayton (online) and Emma Cragg (in person) about about potential collaborations.
- Planning for our May in-person co-op meetup. We’ll be running a community meetup too, if you happen to be in London on Wednesday 24th May.
- Meeting with Ken McCarthy from the Waterford Institute of Technology about a session I’m running next week, and then representatives of the Northeastern Ontario Math Leadership Network about work I’m doing with them at the end of April.
- Separating out various streams of work I’m doing for London CLC.
- Preparing for a couple of workshops I’m running next week at the Co-operative Education & Research Conference next week.
- Going on a 10-mile hike with my 10 year-old son (a mile for every year!) We were mainly focused on map-reading, but we had a great time chatting away. The hawthorn was out, and I took the photo that accompanies this post.
- The Existential Cliff (Discours.es, 31st March 2017)
- Badging ‘co-operative character’ (Open Educational Thinkering, 31st March 2017)
- Inappropriate Guidelines for Unacceptable Behaviour (Discours.es, 30th March 2017)
- What would a periodic table of digital employability look like? (Literaci.es, 27th March 2017)
- Quality Mountain Days 5 & 6: Ben Ledi and Ben Vorlich (Open Educational Thinkering, 26th March 2017)
Next week, I’ll be working from home on Monday, working on some We Are Open client stuff. On Tuesday I’m running an online session on badges, then travelling to Manchester. Wednesday I’m presenting at the Co-operative Education & Research Conference. Thursday, I’m working from home. On Friday I’m heading up Ben Nevis.
I make my living helping people and organisations become more productive in their use of technology. If you’ve got something that you think I might be able to help with, please do get in touch! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org