This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Issue #181 of my Things We Learned This Week newsletter. My thanks to nCube for sponsoring July’s issues!
- Arranging sponsorship of my newsletter for September (I’m not writing my blog/newsletter in August).
- Releasing Episode 17: ‘8am character’ of the This Week in Digital Education (TIDE) podcast that I record with Dai Barnes.
- Spending Tuesday and Wednesday in London. I stayed at the Thistle Barbican, as everything was so expensive due to Wimbledon. Never again. Not up to my expectations.
- Meeting with (Lord) Jim Knight about work Bryan Mathers and I might be doing with TES. Bryan and I also spent some time whiteboarding at Ravensbourne College (where his startup wapisasa is based).
- Launching a pre-alpha of the Open Badges 101 course that Bryan Mathers and I have been working on. You can help build it!
- Catching up with Chris Kirk about some objectives for my next tranche of work with City & Guilds.
- Putting together a blog post for DMLcentral about ways educators can use agile methodologies for planning. It needs some tweaking, but you can get a sneak peek here.
- Hanging out with some students from the University of Alaska who have been using the wiki that accompanies The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies. Most, but not all of the hour-long session was recorded.
Next week I’m not going down to London as I want to attend my children’s sports days. In addition, I’ll be away next weekend for Mountain Training and then in London/Brighton the week after from Monday to Thursday!
Image CC BY-NC-SA Barbro Björnemalm