This week I’ve been:
- Continuing to advise City & Guilds on badges, agile processes, etc.
- Watching Cory Doctorow in action at Copying: Right or Wrong?
- Playing with my new drone – a £35 Syma X5C with lots of extra batteries:
My first drone photo. So proud. pic.twitter.com/rqbmdYH3oW
— Doug Belshaw (@dajbelshaw) April 27, 2015
- Leading a webinar for Open Networked Learning on digital literacies. My post, with links to slides and the recording, can be found here.
- Travelling to and from London. This week I was due to stay in another serviced apartment, but they had an electrical fault. I ended up at very short notice in an overpriced Holiday Inn beige box <shudder>.
- Collaborating with Bryan Mathers. We’re working on a number of things, including:
- a document setting out a potential direction of travel for Open Badges at City & Guilds
- improving my initial community alignment model work (especially the images!)
- various things to do with productivity and workflow
- Releasing episode 8 of the Today In Digital Education (TIDE) podcast. Dai Barnes and I entitled this one Alignment Maker.
- Having lunch with Sirkku Nikamaa and her husband. We started off talking about my community alignment model, but then ended up with blockchain-powered assassination black markets. As you do.
- Exploring options for sponsorship of my regular Things We Learned This Week newsletter. I’m happy to say that C-Learning are going to be the first sponsors for the month of May.
- Running the second session of an ICT Club at my kids’ school. We continued to focus on the ‘Hack The News’ part of the Mozilla Club Curriculum.
- Catching up with Helen Beetham about Jisc digital literacies work, Mike Larsson for BadgeCub development, Dan Martin about productivity tools, and Oliver Quinlan to discuss life, the world, and everything!
- Doing more consultancy-related admin than I enjoy. Thankfully, my wife’s starting to help with that…
- Assembling my new office chair from made.com
- Writing about:
This coming Monday is a public holiday (although I’ll be working on proposals) and then my wife is accompanying me to London on Tuesday/Wednesday. I’ll be working as usual down there, and then back home to work Thursday/Friday from my man cave.
One thought on “Weeknote 18/2015”