This series, published on the first Monday each month, is aimed at personal improvement through the public sharing of goals and targets. In this post I look back at whether I achieved the last month’s goals and come up with some targets for the coming month. 🙂
I had some stuff rolled-over last month. How did I do on those?
- The horror of the Edexcel standardization meeting made me chew my nails off. Gah.
- I’m down to under 13.5 stones now. Which is good, but still not 13 stones flat.
So I need to roll both of these over again!
How well have I done at achieving the targets I set at the start of June 2010?
- I’ve now got Whiteyboard customisable whiteboard stickyback stuff covering a good proportion of one of the walls in my study (there was enough left for Ben’s wall too!)
- My Joe’s Goals account shows that I ran 26 miles, but I went for at least a couple that I forgot to record. Given that the minimum I ever run is 2.5 miles, I can safely say I beat my 30-mile target.
- We bought two tents a last month. One is family-sized (8-man) and the other is a 3-man tent. We had our first family camping trip last weekend. It went really well!
- I’m absolutely shocked to say that I did hardly any work on my thesis last month so haven’t written any extra words, never mind another 5,000. I need to roll this one over.
- The crazy aerial splitter in the loft has defeated me. I shall have to call in a qualified TV person. But now that the World Cup is nearly over, I’m less bothered. I’m going to park this one.
So I’ve got 3 targets to roll over:
- Not to bite my nails at all.
- To lose one stone in weight (i.e. to get down to 13 stones)
- Move my Ed.D. thesis past 30,000 words (I’m currently on about 24,000)
My targets for July 2010 are:
- Go camping with my 3 year-old son, Ben, in our smaller tent.
- Compose an e-book on Google Earth in preparation for Google Teacher Academy.
- Comment on at least one blog per day (other than this one!)
- Play golf with my Dad (who’s back from the UAE for the summer as of Friday)
- Sort out benbelshaw.com, the domain I bought for my son, with some useful content.
I was going to put as a target this month ‘Make Hannah laugh every day’, but given that she reads this blog my wife would no doubt take a sadistic pleasure in making this target as difficult as possible… :-p