Mozilla's Educational Initiatives
Mitchell Baker, Mozilla Chair and Chief Lizard Wrangler
Mozillians are people who make things. Moving people from consumption to creation is Mozilla's goal.
I'm going to talk about three things:
- Web Literacy Standard
- Open Badges
Get involved with Webmaker
Web Literacy Standard: intro
How do you get better at reading, writing and participating on the Web?
- How do you know what things matter as a learner?
- How do organisations know what to focus on?
Web Literacy Standard: the problem
At the moment we've got learning silos.
- Lots of awesome work, but no joined-up thinking
- Mozilla is well-placed to sort this out
Get involved with the Web Literacy Standard
- What can be credentialed gets assessed.
- What gets assessed can be measured.
- What can be measured gets taught.
- What gets taught (hopefully) is learned.
Open Badges can be displayed across the Web and can capture anything:
Get involved with Open Badges