Some brief thoughts, brought to you with the letter ‘A’:
1. Assessment – outdated, outmoded, and increasingly irrelevant. Are the things we test worth testing?
2. Authenticity – with both schools and universities expected to be businesses in a marketplace, how do they resolve the tension between this and their more traditional standards-based role?
3. Agility – as neither fish nor fowl, how do institutions respond to pressures from the market, stakeholders and the government in a timely fashion?
4. Acceleration – what happens when a body of knowledge is our of date before a student finishes a course?
5. Access – when people can learn from anyone, anywhere about anything, who will be the new gatekeepers?