This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Thought Shrapnel, my weekly newsletter loosely structured around education, technology, and productivity. Issue #284 was entitled ‘It’s still too early to put up that Christmas tree’. This Sunday’s newsletter will be the last one of 2017, although I’ll still be posting to Thought Shrapnel Live!. A reminder that Thought Shrapnel is made possible thanks to the awesome people who support my work.
- Helping destroy capitalism with my We Are Open colleagues colleagues at the second annual CoTech gathering at a worker-owned stately home near Sheffield. Which was fun.
- Working on Badge Wiki with Bryan Mathers and the rest of the community, getting it ready for launch. It’s a new knowledge base for the Open Badges community, and it’s looking good!
- Continuing to work on the MoodleNet white paper I’m putting together. There’s also now a blog, with the canonical link for the whole project being https://moodle.com/moodlenet.
- Putting together a pre-recorded video presentation for the introduction to a Maker Party in the Netherlands.
- Flying to Amsterdam with my wife for the weekend. We’re here to see the Amsterdam Light Festival.
- Badge Wiki: LAUNCH! (We Are Open Co-op blog, 1st December 2017)
- Get involved in MoodleNet: our next-generation project! (Project MoodleNet blog, 1st December 2017)
- Destroying capitalism, one stately home at a time (Open Educational Thinkering, 1st December 2017)
- Reframing the ‘Progressive’ vs. ‘Traditionalist’ Debate in Education [DML Central] (Open Educational Thinkering, 28th November 2017)
I make my living helping people and organisations become more productive in their use of technology. If you’ve got something that you think I might be able to help with, please do get in touch! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo of Amsterdam Light Festival CC BY Danny Tax