This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Thought Shrapnel, my weekly newsletter loosely structured around education, technology, and productivity. Issue #276 was entitled ‘Falling into Autumn’. A reminder that all the links for the newsletter (and more!) go out via the Thought Shrapnel Live! channel on Telegram. Virtual fist bumps are given regularly to those who have become valued supporters.
- Recording and releasing Episode 88 (‘Sweating the Small Stuff’) of the Today In Digital Education (TIDE) podcast, which I record with Dai Barnes. This week, we discussed why your user community needs a Code of Conduct, sweating the small stuff in the classroom, the anatomy of a moral panic, coding as cutting tech wages, and more!
- Catching up with Sarah Horrocks about the technology-enhanced teacher professional development report we’re researching and writnig for the Education Development Trust.
- Running a ‘strapline thinkathon’ for London CLC with Bryan Mathers on behalf of We Are Open Co-op. The ‘blended’ approach works well: Bryan was in the room using his document camera as he draws and facilitates, and me coming in virtually on the big screen via video conference!
- Curating Issue #18 of Badge News, a regular newsletter for the Open Badges community, published by our co-op.
- Creating a prototype of a website for our local Scout troop using GitHub Pages.
- Confirming my session at the Innovate Edtech conference on November 11th in London.
- Responding to requests to spend time with organisations in The Netherlands and Germany.
- Looking at houses as we consider moving. It’s likely that will only be very locally (as in, within a half-mile radius), if at all.
- Spending two days working with Totara Learning in Brighton on a community migration project, and one representing them at the Learning Pool Live conference in London. It was great bumping into, and catching up with, Ian Usher. I also enjoyed Donald Taylor‘s keynote and having a quick chat with him afterwards.
- Barnstorming (We Are Open Co-op blog, 26th September 2017)
Next week, it’s a co-op day on Monday, then I’m off to Barcelona on Tuesday to speak at the ALL DIGITAL Summit. I’m staying on a few days as my father is flying in so we can see the sights together. I’m then heading on to Geneva and he’s returning home.
I make my living helping people and organisations become more productive in their use of technology. If you’ve got something that you think I might be able to help with, please do get in touch! Email: email@example.com
Photo taken by me on a run to Brighton Marina on Friday morning. Post-processing in Snapseed.