This week I’ve been:
- Sending out Thought Shrapnel, my weekly newsletter loosely structured around education, technology, and productivity. Issue #273 was entitled ‘Sycamore Gap’. There are now 50 people signed up to Thought Shrapnel Live! and using Telegram to receive links as I come across them. You can also become a valued supporter.
- Hanging out with my kids before they headed back to school this week. There were celebrations and activities around the Tour of Britain cycle race, which pretty much went past our house!
- Celebrating being married to my wonderful wife, Hannah, for 14 years.
- Deleting all of the tweets I’ve sent over the past 10 years. I explained why in this post.
- Catching up with Bryan Mathers about some work we’re doing in Washington D.C. on behalf of We Are Open Co-op in November for the Inter-American Development Bank.
- Spending a lot of time getting to grips with JIRA, putting together a list of project risks, and experimenting with the admin interface relating to some work I’m doing with Totara Learning.
- Dismayed that Salesforce seem to be trying to patent digital badges. We’ve begun to crowdsource prior art on Badge Wiki.
- Accompanying my children who ran in the Mini and Junior Great North Run respectively. I’ve only recently started running again myself (I don’t seem to get migraines afterwards any more) so perhaps next year I’ll enter either the main Great North Run or Great North 10k!
- Salesforce patenting digital badging? (Discours.es, 9th September 2017)
- Tools to help you with your blog post (Open Educational Thinkering, 8th September 2017)
- Process problems and delays (Discours.es, 8th September 2017)
- Why I just deleted all 77.5k tweets I’ve sent out over the last 10 years (Open Educational Thinkering, 6th September 2017)
- Healthy breakfasts for children (Discours.es, 4th September 2017)
Next week I’m doing some work for London CLC on Monday and Tuesday, and then working with Totara Learning from Wednesday to Friday.
I make my living helping people and organisations become more productive in their use of technology. If you’ve got something that you think I might be able to help with, please do get in touch! Email: email@example.com
Photo taken by me as the Tour of Britain came past the road near our house in Morpeth.