Last month, one of my clients got in touch to ask if I could send them some guidance around writing blog posts. They asked me to include the usual things such as:
- Structuring a post
- Making things clear for the reader
- How to grammar/spell check
They asked me to put together something, which effectively is a couple of sides of A4 paper, for the start of the school term for a team they’ll be working with this academic year.
One of the reasons for my delay in getting started (other than the busiest summer, work-wise that I’ve ever had!) is that, rattling around at the back of my mind, is a series on how to write blog posts. While it’s important to cover the bullet points above, I think there’s things to say about in situating blog posts within a wider discourse.
Here’s what I’ve written so far:
- Sitting down to write a blog post
- Putting your blog post into the world
- Deciding what to write about in your blog post
- Tools to help you with your blog post
I hope it will be of use.