This week I’ve been:
- Jetlagged. I’m not a night owl at all, so the fact I’m publishing this in the early hours of Saturday morning tells you all you need to know. I slept until midday on Friday. Flying forwards in time messes me up, no matter how much preparation I do.
- Sending out Thought Shrapnel, my weekly newsletter loosely structured around education, technology, and productivity. Issue #256 was entitled ‘Canada, eh?’.
- Spending time in Calgary, working with Rocky View School District. I spent Monday with their tech team figuring out issues around communication and strategy, and then Tuesday with a much wider group around digital literacies. Many thanks to Verena Roberts for inviting me over!
- Quitting Twitter for a month in favour of Mastodon, a move which I explained in this post. I’ve already come across really interesting people that I don’t think I would have come across otherwise!
- Sending out the April issue of my Dynamic Skillset newsletter. This monthly missive always has a slightly different focus than my weekly newsletter, so if you haven’t subscribed, do so now!
- Watching the films Logan and I, Daniel Blake on the way home from Canada. The former was pretty violent, but it was actually the latter that made more of an impression on me. It was set and filmed in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, near where I live. It really resonated with me having grown up in an ex-mining town amongst people who just want to get on with life, but are prevented from doing so by a punitive State.
- Delighted to be reunited with my wife and children. My daughter had lost both her front teeth by the time I got back, so not only did she look different, but she sounds different!
- Chilling out. I’ll get back to work properly next week.
- So it turns out that you can pretty much do whatever you like on your own website (Open Educational Thinkering, 3rd May 2017)
- HOWTO: Send ‘boosted’ toots from Mastodon to Pinboard (Discours.es, 3rd May 2017)
- Listen to me witter on about co-ops via @VConnecting at #ccsummit (Open Educational Thinkering, 30th April 2017)
Next week I’m working from home all week, apart from Thursday which is my grandmother’s funeral.
Image CC BY davebloggs007
I make my living helping people and organisations become more productive in their use of technology. If you’ve got something that you think I might be able to help with, please do get in touch! Email: email@example.com