This week I’ve been:
- Recovering from climbing Ben Nevis and other mountains last weekend. I wrote up that trip, which I made towards getting on the Mountain Leader course, here.
- Posting various quotations, most of them from Richard Sennett’s magnificent book Together, to my Discours.es blog.
- Keynoting the Annual Learning & Teaching Conference at Queen’s University Belfast. I presented on The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies and my slides can be found here. It was great to bump into Ibrar Bhatt (who’s just started working at QUB) while I was there!
- Spending half of the working week in Northern Ireland, because of the above. I didn’t rush to get back home, as the rest of my family have headed down to Devon for Easter. I’m flying down tonight.
- Setting up new 2.1 Sony soundbar + subwoofer system in my home office, as the power of my existing solution just wasn’t cutting it.
- Working with Laura Hilliger on our session for the Creative Commons Summit in a couple of weeks’ time.
- Catching up with Averil Morrow and John Peto while I was in Belfast, Jessica Garcia-Kohl from LRNG, and Verena Roberts about upcoming work I’m doing in Calgary.
- Curating and sending out Issue #008 of Badge News, a regular newsletter for those interested in the world of Open Badges and digital credentials.
- Advising MyKnowledgeMap on developing one of their products around eportfolios and badging. I wish some of these tools had been around when I was younger, I really do.
- Helping with a job advert for London CLC and planning for a writing workshop I’m leading for them next week.
- Collaborating with Richard Speight on some potential work We Are Open Co-op may do with him now he’s self-employed!
- Conversing with Eylan Ezekiel in a critical friend role. I really enjoy this kind of work, and I reckon it’s possibly the most effective work I do, from terms of a cost/value point of view.
- Digital Literacy is about power (Literaci.es, 12th April 2017)
- Quality Mountain Days 7 & 8: Ben Nevis, Stob Bàn, and Mullach nan Coirean (Open Educational Thinkering, 9th April 2017)
Next week, apart from a bit of work in London on Tuesday, I’m not working during the first three days of the week. Thursday is a Co-op day, and then I’m working from home on Friday, planning upcoming work in Canada.
I make my living helping people and organisations become more productive in their use of technology. If you’ve got something that you think I might be able to help with, please do get in touch! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org