This week I’ve been:
- Travelling to and from London on Tuesday/Wednesday. This week I stayed at citizenM, which I always enjoy. I’m seriously planning our loft conversion to have similar levels of home automation!
- Given a tour of the Wayra UK startup accelerator by Uri Gonda. I met Philip Steele, CEO and founder of nCube which might lead to some interesting collaborations.
- Releasing Episode 11: Exponential Excellence of the my weekly #TIDE podcast with Dai Barnes.
- Publishing my Things We Learned This Week #174 newsletter, kindly sponsored this month by C-Learning.
- Securing newsletter sponsorship for June and July.
- Meeting with clients about post-September work. I’m in the very fortunate position of being spoiled for choice.
- Editing Powerpoint decks, sending emails, working on proposals, and sitting in meetings.
- Issuing myself the ‘drone mechanic’ badge after soldering for the first time since a teenager in order to fix the motor on my quadcopter.
- Planning with Bryan Mathers for various things, including our visit to Gateshead Council next week around Open Badges.
- Arranging travel for upcoming trips. The first two weeks of June are going to be very busy!
- Getting Ben Betts to talk me through the technical infrastructure behind TechBacc.
- Starting to plan for my next six months consulting for City & Guilds.
- Writing a post for DMLcentral about Open Badges specification v1.1. It’ll go live next week.
Next week there’s a Bank Holiday on Monday, and then I’m not going down to London. Given that I’m meeting with Gateshead Council on Wednesday, I’ve got loads of travel in June, and it’s my kids’ half-term, I thought I’d stay up here for a change!