This week I’ve been:
- Launching v1.0 of my e-book, The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies. If you haven’t already got a copy, get it from digitalliteraci.es! For 10% off use the code ‘gimme10’.
- Finalising the first tranche of Web Literacy badges. They’ll fit in with the ‘Make’ part of the Discover / Make / Teach taxonomy of the new webmaker.org resources section. Hoping to launch July 11th.
- Issuing Webmaker Mentor and Webmaker Super Mentor badges as a result of events in India and Uganda that my colleagues attended. If you meet the criteria, why not apply for one yourself?
- Starting the ball rolling for a cross-Mozilla podcast – potentially in the style of This Week In Tech.
- Beginning to write a concepts page for a new DRM curriculum.
- Planning some more work around learning pathways with Chloe Varelidi using the Mozilla Discover tool.
- Writing an abstract for an event I’m speaking at in September called Code acts in community & lifelong learning (the shorter the abstract, the more difficult I find it to write!)
- Getting so close to launching the first Mozilla whitepaper on Web Literacy.
Next week I’m at home from Monday through to Wednesday. On Thursday I’m heading to Brighton to speak at the Indie Tech Summit – which promises to be a great event.
Image CC BY-NC-SA Mark Stevens
Never miss a post!
Subscribe to get my latest updates by email.