This week I’ve been:
- Giving feedback to my very talented colleague Atul Varma on his new prototype web literacy resource, Placedkitten.
- Talking with my former colleague Carla Casilli (who’s now at the Badge Alliance) about the kick-off meeting for the Digital & Web Literacies working group, which I’m co-chairing with Michelle Thorne.
- Appearing on the CBC Radio One show The Current about Faking Cultural Literacy. I didn’t realise it was going to be such a big deal, to be honest! Lots of Canadians colleagues and connections said they heard it – including Stephen Downes who heard it in the dentist’s chair!
- Discussing and editing pathways for contribution and web literacy with the wonderful Chloe Varelidi and Michelle Thorne.
- Reviewing a submission to the ‘Civic Media Reader’ that Karen Smith put together.
- Backchannelling a lot (as usual) with Laura Hilliger.
- Writing up my notes from going through every post on Vinay Gupta’s blog.
- Wrestling with Bugzilla, including an epic session on Tuesday getting ducks in a row around Web Literacy competency badges.
- Pulling out of the Sunday Times Festival of Education.
- Getting involved in some of the discussions in the Webmaker Training forum.
- Hosting this week’s #TeachTheWeb community call. My new colleague Lucy Harris got so much help in planning her first Maker Party!
- Writing on the Mozilla Webmaker blog about Training badges.
- Finishing off the description and criteria for the new version of the Webmaker Mentor badge.
- Meeting with Kate Hudson, Robert Friedman and Laura Hilliger to talk about the badge issuing workflow for upcoming Mentor / Super Mentor badges. Things are looking good!
- Composing my latest post for DMLcentral about reclaiming the web for the next generation which will hopefully go live on that site soon.
- Instituting a new ‘my week in a GIF’ thread with my #TeachTheWeb colleagues. Here’s how I represented mine.
- Editing the Badge Alliance wiki page for the working group I’m co-chairing to make it prettier.
- Trellbeering with my colleagues at the end of the week. This is a continually-evolving ‘meeting’. Originally it involved sorting out team Trello cards while drinking alcohol and hanging out. I think you can guess which part has dropped from the equation. 😉
- Sorting out my April and May expenses.
Next week I’m at home as usual. Friday 13th (uh-oh!) is the latest ‘heartbeat’ in the new Webmaker production cycle, so there’ll be lots more to share next week!
Image CC BY Origami48616