This week I’ve been:
- Moderating Mozilla’s online discussion as part of Open Education week. I liked Chris Lawrence’s description of it as a ‘pop-up MOOC’. Links to all of the Google+ threads can be found here. 🙂
- Giving feedback to DigitalMe on an upcoming badges project.
- Discussing synergies between MDN’s Learning efforts and Webmaker.
- Talking with various people (including UNESCO and the BCGA) about Open Badges, web literacy and Firefox OS.
- Writing a piece for Brian Kelly’s blog about working open.
- Working on a new version of a Webmaker whitepaper with Karen Smith.
- Eliciting feedback from Webmaker super mentors about a new bookmarklet for the Web Literacy Map. More on that soon.
- Checking out Laura Hilliger’s new teaching kit on Exploring Making & Connected Learning.
- Booking my flights to the Oppi Festival in Helsinki next month.
- Moderating this week’s #TeachTheWeb community call.
- Meeting with Adam Lofting about metrics and learning analytics.
- Participating in the inagural OBANZ meeting (on the invitation of Joyce Seitzinger)
- Finalising v1.1 of the Web Literacy Map on the Mozilla wiki.
- Thinking through what a badge would look like that aligned with the Remix competency of the Web Literacy Map.
Next week I’ll be digging down even further into Webmaker badges and working through tasks on our #TeachTheWeb Trello board!
Image CC BY Kevin Dooley