This week I’ve been:
- Moderating Mozilla’s online discussion as part of Open Education week. I liked Chris Lawrence’s description of it as a ‘pop-up MOOC’. Links to all of the Google+ threads can be found here.
- Giving feedback to DigitalMe on an upcoming badges project.
- Discussing synergies between MDN’s Learning efforts and Webmaker.
- Talking with various people (including UNESCO and the BCGA) about Open Badges, web literacy and Firefox OS.
- Writing a piece for Brian Kelly’s blog about working open.
- Working on a new version of a Webmaker whitepaper with Karen Smith.
- Eliciting feedback from Webmaker super mentors about a new bookmarklet for the Web Literacy Map. More on that soon.
- Checking out Laura Hilliger’s new teaching kit on Exploring Making & Connected Learning.
- Booking my flights to the Oppi Festival in Helsinki next month.
- Moderating this week’s #TeachTheWeb community call.
- Meeting with Adam Lofting about metrics and learning analytics.
- Participating in the inagural OBANZ meeting (on the invitation of Joyce Seitzinger)
- Finalising v1.1 of the Web Literacy Map on the Mozilla wiki.
- Thinking through what a badge would look like that aligned with the Remix competency of the Web Literacy Map.
Image CC BY Kevin Dooley