This week I’ve been:
- Taking Monday and Tuesday off work due to…
- Moving house. Not only a majorly traumatic and emotional event at the best of times, but both my wife and I were ill with cold/flu symptoms. Joy. And we’ve got it all to do again fairly soon when we buy somewhere and move out of rented accommodation.
- Dealing with a backlog of email.
- Sorting out the tags to use for people aligning with the Web Literacy Map. You can give your feedback here (it’s always good for someone to point out that ‘#IPAddresses’ looks a lot like ‘iPad dresses’…)
- Scoping out my work for the next few months with Michelle Thorne and adding it to Trello boards.
- Booking flights for the Mozilla All-Hands in San Francisco (April).
- Catching up with Adam Lofting about appropriate metrics to demonstrate improvement in web literacy skills and competencies. Tricky.
- Attending my usual weekly calls, which was more challenging than it sounds given I’ve had to do that over a flaky 3G connection.
- Preparing for an NWP webinar on The Past, Present and Future of Web Literacy (next Tuesday, free)
- Starting work on a roadmap for Webmaker badges (on hold now for a bit) and talking to colleagues from both the Open Badges team and my team about it.
- Tidying up the background information for the Web Literacy Map. The latter should be updated on webmaker.org sometime soon.
Next week I’m working from home all week.
Image CC BY-NC-SA Brian Carson