This week I’ve been:
- Meeting up and geocaching with James Langley while talking Open Badges. He was up near where I live in Northumberland preparing for an activity day. 🙂
- Wondering why I’d send my children to secondary school.
- Booking travel. Lots of travel.
- Celebrating my first year at Mozilla.
- Hosting the weekly Web Literacy Standard community call. You can listen again here.
- Communicating with various people and organizations via Skype/phone/email about integrating with the Open Badges Infrastructure (OBI) – including Codecademy.
- Releasing v0.7 of my iterative ebook: The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies
- Talking with Laura Hilliger about the link between hacktivity kits and the Web Literacy Standard.
- Mapping the UK Open Badges people/organizations/projects I’ve spoken to who are ready to issue badges.
- Planning a potential Game On-style challenge or competition for aligning with the Web Literacy Standard with Chloe Varelidi. She also pointed me towards MDN’s Dev Derby.
- Talking to the Comms team about what we need to do in the run up to the beta launch of the Web Literacy Standard on July 26th.
- Running an Open Badges workshop at the University of Hull.
- Visiting the Google London office to visit my very talented friend Paul Lewis.
- Hosted the (very successful) Badge the UK launch at the Mozilla London office. It should soon be on Air Mozilla as it was livestreamed and recorded!
- Trying to take the holiday day everyone at Mozilla was given on Friday (but actually doing my expenses and travelling to Glasgow instead)
- Running an Open Badges workshop for CoderDojo Scotland at Glasgow Science Centre.
Next week I was going to be in Berlin to run an Open Badges workshop with Tim Riches, but now I’m just going to be in London on Sunday night/Monday for ePIC conference (where I’ll be running three workshops). I also need to get planned a Maker Party event at the Centre for Life that I’ve booked for August 17th.