I’ve learned many important things in my life, but 2 broad truisms in particular are pertinent to this post:
- The more confident and able a person is in a given area, the more they’re willing to share.
- People learn at least as much from the process as they do from the end result.
So what’s the Wizard of Oz got to do with this?
- The Wizard tried to look more scary and powerful than he actually was.
- Behind the scenes tends to be fairly straightforward, given some pointers.
- Working in isolation on something (or to maintain something) big is often unsustainable.
This is why I like to share both my outputs and the thinking behind them – as well as the half-finished, sometimes muddled, resources created along the way!
To that end I’m delighted to introduce http://onthehorizon.pbworks.com, a space I’m trialling on behalf of JISC Advance. You can find some of stuff I’m able to share as part of the mobile and wireless review I’m doing for JISC.