If your school has been forward-thinking enough and sensible to go with Macs for at least of its provision, you may have blown the budget on hardware. Never fear, however, as a fantastic site by the name of The Free Mac Classroom can point you towards some free and some Open Source software which should satisfy.
There’s a number of programs that I use fairly regularly on there for which I can vouch, including (in no particular order):
- NeoOffice (an OS X port of OpenOffice)
- Image Well (a lightweight and easy-to-use image editor)
- NVU (web page editor)
- FreeMind (mind-mapping software)
- GIMPshop (a Photoshop replacement)
- Audacity (sound editor)
- VLC (multi-purpose, flexible media player)
If you use a Mac, even at home rather than at school, I strongly suggest you check it out!
Never miss a post!
Subscribe to get my latest updates by email.